The Masters of Advanced Study in Integrated Circuits (MAS-IC) is an online, part-time degree program focused on developing an in-depth and advanced knowledge in the field of Integrated Circuits (including but not restricted to the digital, mixed-signal, and radio-frequency domains). The part-time program is targeted toward working professionals who are seeking to advance their careers by getting in-depth, state-of-the-art knowledge.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution (preferably in some type of engineering or math).
- 3.0 cumulative GPA (or equivalent based on transcript grades) from undergraduate degree and unofficial transcripts from ALL prior post-secondary institutions with the name of the university and degree date clearly stated.
- 3 letters of recommendation
- 2 essays
- TOEFL if not waived
- Publications, conference papers, or other research/industry expertise
- Past online course experience
UC Berkeley Graduate Division Online Application: All applicants must complete and submit the UC Berkeley online application and pay the appropriate application fee.
Transcripts: Please do not mail transcripts. Simply upload all unofficial transcripts as PDFs through the online application. Transcripts not in English or Spanish must be translated prior to uploading to the application.
Letters of Recommendation: A mixture of academic and industry letters is ideal. They should include details about your goals, accomplishments, technical and leadership skills, academic work, etc. We suggest you give your recommenders a few weeks to write your letters and upload them as PDFs through the link (provided from your online application).
Statement of Purpose: Why are you applying for this program? What will you do during this degree program? What do you want to do after and how will this help you?
Personal History Statement: What from your past made you decide to go into this field? How will your personal history help you succeed in this program and your future goals?